Sunday, June 2, 2013

Love and Marriage


Elder Bednar married Susan Kae Robinson in the Salt Lake Temple on March 20, 1975. They have been married 38 years and have three sons. 

THE FAMILY TELLS ALL
 
 
Sister Bednar says of her husband:
 “People who know him well would say that he’s tough but tender. He’s competent and compassionate. He’s driven yet discerning. He’s faithful and fearless. He has a great capacity to lead and the wisdom to follow.”
 
His son Michael says:
“It seems that faith has driven out fear in my dad. He is always optimistic. No matter what goes wrong, he always says, ‘Things will work out.’ When it was hard for me during my mission, he told me to work hard and success would come. And he told me when the success came to remember that God gave it and that I did not earn it.”
 
Eric, another son, describes his father’s example:
“He has always gone to the real sources: the words of the prophets and the scriptures. He is bold but he listens. He will ask inspired questions and then listen to your answer, and then he will ask another inspired question. Once he was giving me something similar to a temple recommend interview when I was about 14. He asked me if I sustained President Ezra Taft Benson. I said that I did. And then, after a pause, he asked, ‘What have you read lately of what President Benson has said?’”
 
Jeffrey, the youngest of the three sons, says,
“Since I was little, Dad taught me to set goals and exercise faith.” Jeff also says: “I want people to know that he is an ordinary man who can do extraordinary things because of the strength of the Lord. He is a living witness of the enabling power of the Atonement.”   
 


No comments:

Post a Comment